Thursday, July 16, 2009

D.K.Pattammal - A legend!!!


She is an immortal creation of God and will live through her music in the hearts of millions. It was less than a year since I had my only telephone call with her and she was such a humble person for all the talent she possessed. The biography of D.K.Pattammal is in a lot of websites for all to read. In this column it is just my tribute to the legend who passed away here in Chennai a few hours back. When I first heard the news through my friend Revant I was initially shocked and deeply saddened to realise that the female trinity of Carnatic music no longer exists. There was a trickle in my eye and in a few seconds all those wonderful things she did in her life came to my mind and I was left speechless for a longtime. But then, considering the fact that she had a lot of complications physically and was literally in pain, departure is inevitable and her age is also 90. I could, like anybody else, only think, May her soul rest in peace!!! Let her keep blessing us all from another world and her demise is definitely an irrecoupable loss to the music fraternity, for she was an authority, easily approachable regarding many technical aspects of music. You will be deeply missed amma!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

hi
feel free to comment!